Thursday, March 25, 2010

Vacation

I am ignoring my work. There are many words for this - lazy, slipshod, dilettante, wastrel, indolent, idle, lethargic, sluggish, slothful - and I have been all those things in my life, truly, as well as sometimes even conscientiously unemployed. (There is another word for it too: Free-lance.)

This week, however, I am on vacation. Getting my ducks in a row, as it were.



And while I am not cooking, I am eating. Boy am I. Fresh strawberries as big as a small boy's fist for breakfast, crispy grilled salmon and avocado for lunch. Hand cranked gelato for a beach break. And for dinner, crab legs and fresh Gulf shrimp, steamed at the fishery, or on the boat just out of the water. You pick it up after 2, just off the boat, put it in the fridge. Pull it out with cocktail sauce (I add extra horseradish to mine) and uncork a bottle of Chardonnay.


And enjoy the sunset.

No comments:

Post a Comment